Aliens called on an Army Intelligence Corpsman at the site of this massive boulder

What was once the largest freestanding boulder in the world, Giant Rock, California was a mecca for UFO enthusiasts in the 50s. A large slab of the rock fell off in February 2000, as foretold by Native American Hopi shaman prophecy.

Giant Rock was a spiritual site for thousands of years, used in Native American ceremonies. In the 20s, the Hopi shamans believed the site would foretell the future of the 21st century, but it’s what happened in the 40s and 50s that really stands out today.

On May 11, 1957, Army Intelligence Corpsman, Wayne Sulo Aho attended an annual convention for flying saucer “believers” held at Giant Rock. According to a newspaper account, one night of the convention, Aho says he was drawn by some strange force out into the surrounding Mojave desert. The forces were controlling his body.

According to the account in the Louisville, Kentucky Courier-Journal & Times from January 7, 1973:

“The mysterious force began applying pressure to each side of his lower back, forcing him to move first one direction and then another. ‘The superior beings guided me into the desert,’ he said, ‘and led me about all night long.'”

After Aho had walked two miles into the desert, an egg-shaped flying saucer descended and changed into the shape of a crimson sphere. At that point, he experienced a series of telepathic exchanges with intelligent beings that warned him that the earth “is in grave danger.” He never saw them face to face, but heard their warnings.

“I’ve been told that the world is still headed toward a nuclear disaster,” he said, “and it won’t be the United States or Russia that drops the first bombs. It will be some small nation. But after it starts, the nuclear war will spread throughout the world.”

In another newspaper clipping from the same year, (see the video below) Aho said the aliens had told him that earth is a “schoolroom” for aliens from the entire universe.

“For Earth is truly one of the schoolrooms of the universe. Here begins an evolutionary process that continues in other spheres of the universe. Man too, is on an evolutionary track, attaining a higher perfection with each existence.”

Color archival footage of the 1959 UFO convention appears below:


Aho experienced other telepathic messages warning him of nuclear Armageddon while visiting the Hawaiin island of Maui. He claimed to have been interviewed by the CIA for over two hours but the interview was never made public. He also claimed to have met with every member of the United States Senate and House of Representatives, asking them to hold public meetings about flying saucers.

“I met several senators and representatives who said they’d seen flying saucers themselves,” he said, “but they didn’t want their names used in public,” said Aho.

After his encounters, Aho, wife Jeanette, and her two sons traveled the country holding lectures about the alien messages. They traveled in a recreational vehicle, existing on the meager income they collected along the way. 

The setting of Giant Rock was famous for the Giant Rock Airport Cafe. However, before it became a cafe tourist attraction, it was the home of a German immigrant, engineer, and miner, Frank Kritzer (sometimes spelled Critzer) from the 1930s to 1941. Kritzer, a reclusive hermit, operated the airport near his home quite literally under the rock.

In 1941, Kritzer mysteriously died in an explosion under Giant Rock after being questioned by the FBI and Army Intelligence officers. The officers were apparently investigating UFOs in the area of Giant Rock. Soon after, the Army Air Corps of Engineers decided to create an “experimental glider” training base nearby. Reports surfaced when a guard from the base spotted “mysterious flares” in the desert, referring to UFOs later termed flying saucers.

According to another account, Kritzer didn’t commit suicide at all but was accidentally caught in an explosion after a police raid. The radio enthusiast had set up an antenna on the boulder that caused suspicion he was a German spy. He stored explosives in his home that he used for mining, which may have caught fire by accident.

“Unfortunately, Critzer’s German origin and radio antenna led to suspicions of his being a spy during World War II, and a police raid was made on his cavern. While the exact cause of Critzer’s death is still unknown, legend holds that when authorities attempted to extricate him by shooting tear gas canisters into his cave, one accidentally ignited a small store of explosives (for mining) and blew the peculiar loner to smithereens. As it turns out, Critzer was not a spy after all, but just what he seemed: an eccentric who wanted to be left alone to live, quite literally, under a rock.”

Kritzer’s home under Giant Rock is pictured below:

After Kritzer’s “suicide,” his friend, a pilot named George Van Tassel moved to the location, revamped the airport, and operated the locally famous cafe. Some years later in 1952, Van Tassel claimed that an alien from Venus visited him there. In 1956, he wrote a book about the incident, “Into This World, And Out Again.”

You can hear one of Van Tassel’s bizarre interviews in the video below:

Learn more about Kritzer, Wayne Sulo Aho, and the Giant Rock Airport Cafe as UFO Seekers investigates the scene of the alien encounters.

Hear George Van Tassel’s 1956 lecture at the Yucaipa, CA Rotary Club below:

Featured image: Screenshots via YouTube




Like it? Share with your friends!